One of the largest gas station chains in Eastern Europe with 1900+ locations across several countries. Each station offers a centralized set of fuel options, customer goods selection, and additional roadside services for drivers.
The customer mobile app for Gazpromneft gas stations was created as a delivery method for the chain’s loyalty program.
In order to speed up the project launch and Time-to-Market, a separate cross-functional team was created which included a product owner, scrum master, iOS and Android developers, designers, analysts and testers.
By moving in bi-weekly sprints, the team was implementing a complete functional unit, which was then made available to customers through the App Store and Google Play.
60+ updates were released on both platforms for 20 months of the active development phase.
The app offered the following functionality:
- providing users with discounts on fuel via a barcode directly from the app;
- online information about the customer’s loyalty card balance, membership status and shopping list;
- display of current fuel prices for each gas station;
- information on promotions and special offers valid at selected gas stations;
- regional promotions and special offers across the network;
- 24/7 live support chat;
- the ability to rate gas stations using different criteria and to leave a comment with a photo or video;
- detailed information about each gas station, with a list of additional services and the ability to find the best route to them;
- integrating augmented reality into nationwide promotions.